COVID-19 continues to affect our personal and workplace lives in unprecedented ways. Employers play a critical role and continue to have questions about what they can do to help manage this developing situation.
COVID-19 Information and Resources
SHRM’s HR News – With the spread of COVID-19, employers should start planning for the potential of large scale business disruptions. Visit https://www.shrm.org/hr-today for more information and a list of webinars.
Get All Your Employees on Direct Deposit
Most employees in the United States are paid with direct deposit because of convenience. Direct deposit involves an employee establishing an account with a local bank, and Unicorn HRO’s payroll software, mo traditional “hardcopy” check is printed or mailed. Employee checks are deposited electronically, directly into the employee’s account at the bank.
Direct deposit benefits for employees include:
- You don’t have to worry about losing a paper check before getting to the bank. If you tend to misplace important documents, you can’t misplace a direct deposit. Additionally, you will still get a pay stub to review your paycheck details.
- You don’t have to wait in line at your financial institution to deposit a paper check. You can simply log on to your mobile banking app or online banking to see the direct deposit has been posted to your account.
- You have access to the funds right away on payday. You don’t have to wait until you physically pick up and deposit your paycheck.
- You still receive your paycheck if you aren’t in the office. You don’t have to worry about being behind your desk or visiting your office to receive your pay. You will still receive your direct deposit if you’re sick, on vacation, or even on a holiday.
- Direct deposit is a more secure form of payment. Less people view your account information than when a paycheck is passed around. It’s a safe and confidential way to receive payment.
- It’s easier to budget and save money with direct deposit. You can request that a portion of your paycheck go into a savings account each time versus putting all of the funds into your checking account. This allows you to pay yourself first, a popular savings strategy recommended by experts.
Login to Unicorn’s Employee Self Service and complete the form to enroll in direct deposit.